Maximize Elderly Wellness with These Top COVID-19 Resources
Knowing the best place to turn with regard to the current, most dependable information on COVID-19, particularly as it pertains to seniors and family members who provide care assistance for them, is extremely important – and can be overwhelming. With many sources and differing opinions on this earth-shattering topic, we wanted to help make it easier to find what you need, and compiled the following list of trusted resources to maximize elderly wellness in those you love.
- Coronavirus: What the Elderly and People with Disabilities Should Know: ACL offers information on what the elderly and people with disabilities need to know to avoid getting and spreading the virus, along with symptoms, state-by-state guidelines, and an extensive list of federal and non-federal resources.
- AARP Answers Frequently Asked Questions About COVID-19: AARP provides a running bulleted list of the most recent news connected with COVID-19, plus what the elderly should do to decrease their risk of contracting it and answers to several common questions.
- COVID-19 Guidance for Seniors: The CDC’s COVID-19 Guidance for Older Adults web page contains a great deal of information, including assistance with establishing who is at greater risk, symptoms, information on how to protect yourself, a checklist for your home, stress and anxiety coping strategies, and more.
- Caregiver Specific Articles and Resources on COVID-19 Safety: The Family Caregiver Alliance publishes caregiver-specific articles and resources that can help family caregivers optimize the safety of the seniors within their care.
- Extensive Commonly Asked Questions List on Caregiver COVID-19 Issues: DailyCaring, an award-winning website specializing in caregivers, created a common questions page to supply answers to many questions, such as safety measures to take when visiting a senior’s home, tips on how to sanitize packages, proper handwashing techniques, and much more.
- NAHC COVID-19 Home Care Resources: The National Association for Home Care & Hospice advocates for the scores of seniors who receive in-home care, and also for people who provide that care. Their COVID-19 information page offers articles, webinars, interactive tools, and more.
For further resources to help stop the spread of COVID-19, and for safe, trustworthy, in-home care to improve elderly wellness and comfort for the seniors you love, get in touch with All Care In-Home Care Solutions, the experts in Medford senior care, any time. Following a rigid protocol to ensure the safety of the older adults we serve, we can assist with a variety of crucial services, which include:
- Buying groceries and running other errands, to allow seniors to stay safe in the home
- Planning and preparing delicious meals
- Companionship to ease isolation and stress through social interaction, movies, hobbies/interests, games, puzzles, and much more
- Keeping the home clean and sanitized
- Medication reminders
- Specialized care for people with dementia
- And many more